Respawn signal

Get help with problems with Lazer Swarm devices or software.
batyushki

Respawn signal

Post by batyushki »

We noticed in testing that for Respawn games (no teams), the Lazer Swarm sends out the Respawn signal and can be used as a respawn point. However, in Respawn 2 or 3 Teams games, it doesn't seem to send out the signal and so there is no respawn point (unless using another device as a respawn device).
charlottelasertag

Re: Respawn signal

Post by charlottelasertag »

I'm also having trouble with the respawn games, though I can't get it to work for any version of the game. Are the Phoenix guns able to be used in the respawn games, or does it strictly have to be the Tag Master Blasters / LTTO guns?
riley
Site Admin

Post by riley »

charlottelasertag wrote:I'm also having trouble with the respawn games, though I can't get it to work for any version of the game. Are the Phoenix guns able to be used in the respawn games, or does it strictly have to be the Tag Master Blasters / LTTO guns?
All five tagger models should work. What's the exact problem you're having?
charlottelasertag

While playing a respawn game, once the gun runs out of lives we take it back to the command center, but can't get the gun to restart. We have tried just leaving it pointed at the dome, flipping the indoor/outdoor, 10/25 lives, and team switches; playing the the reload, and turning the gun on and off to get it to restart but none worked. Could you let me know what we did wrong / what we should do to have the respond work? Thanks
riley
Site Admin

Post by riley »

batyushki wrote:We noticed in testing that for Respawn games (no teams), the Lazer Swarm sends out the Respawn signal and can be used as a respawn point. However, in Respawn 2 or 3 Teams games, it doesn't seem to send out the signal and so there is no respawn point (unless using another device as a respawn device).
I found the problem. It will be fixed in the next software release.
riley
Site Admin

Post by riley »

charlottelasertag wrote:While playing a respawn game, once the gun runs out of lives we take it back to the command center, but can't get the gun to restart.
Were you playing solo respawn or team respawn? If you were playing team respawn, you were probably seeing the same bug as batyushki. Solo respawn should work, team respawn will be fixed in the next software release.
charlottelasertag

I tried both. What should be done differently to make the solo respawn game work?
Last edited by charlottelasertag on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riley
Site Admin

Post by riley »

charlottelasertag wrote:I tried both.
Are the taggers getting tagged out or neutralized? You can only respawn if you're neutralized, not if you're tagged out.

If a Phoenix LTX is neutralized, the dome lights will be off and the strength and ammo lights will chase towards the middle of the tagger. If it is tagged out, the dome lights will be on and the strength and ammo lights will indicate the team and player number.

In respawn games, taggers get neutralized after 10 tags so if the number of tags for the game is set to 10 or less, the taggers will get tagged out before they have a chance to get neutralized.
charlottelasertag

riley wrote:
charlottelasertag wrote:I tried both.
Are the taggers getting tagged out or neutralized? You can only respawn if you're neutralized, not if you're tagged out.

If a Phoenix LTX is neutralized, the dome lights will be off and the strength and ammo lights will chase towards the middle of the tagger. If it is tagged out, the dome lights will be on and the strength and ammo lights will indicate the team and player number.

In respawn games, taggers get neutralized after 10 tags so if the number of tags for the game is set to 10 or less, the taggers will get tagged out before they have a chance to get neutralized.
I set the tags to be above 10 in the games but while playing there wasn't a point where the gun was neutralized, it kept taking damage until it was tagged out. Thank you for the help and advice so far, is there anything else you could suggest that might help?
riley
Site Admin

Post by riley »

charlottelasertag wrote:I set the tags to be above 10 in the games but while playing there wasn't a point where the gun was neutralized, it kept taking damage until it was tagged out.
Check that you're using the latest version of the software (Help->About Lazer Swarm). It should be 1.0.5180.35277.