Fullscreen Scoreboard on start can't exit

Get help with problems with Lazer Swarm devices or software.
baksteen

Fullscreen Scoreboard on start can't exit

Post by baksteen »

I encounter a problem when starting the lazerswarm command center software.
The scoreboards shows full screen (no taskbar, nothing)
You can't do anything except killing the program....

How do i turn it off?
baksteen

Re: Fullscreen Scoreboard on start can't exit

Post by baksteen »

So the question is:
How do i quit the score board view, if it shows full screen on my primary monitor (there is no secondary monitor).
TJSprague

Post by TJSprague »

Baksteen,
Lazer Swarm allows you to use a separate display for the score board even if you do not have a second display. If you only have one display it gets overlaid with the score board blocking the main screen. Once you select this setting it is written to the registry and when you restart Lazer Swarm, the main screen becomes hidden.
You can correct this two ways:
1. If you are comfortable using the Registry Editor, you can search for the parameter ScoreBoardUseDisplay and change the value from True to False, and then restart Lazer Swarm.
2. The other way requires ending a task. Whenever you select "Use separate display for the score board" from the Lazer Swarm options menu and the restart Lazer Swarm, two processes are created in Windows: "Lazer Swarm Command Center" and "Score Board". You need to end the "Score Board" task while leaving the "Lazer Swarm Command Center" task running. Press Ctr-Alt-Del and select "Start Task Manager". Under the Applications tab find the "Score Board" application, right click and select "End Task". You should now be able to see the Lazer Command. Go to the Options menu and un-check the "Use separate display for the score board" box, then exit the Lazer Swarm program. Your main display should be visible when you restart the program. I hope this helps.

Perhaps if Riley reads this he might make it more user friendly in the next release. The second display is a great feature when you have a second monitor.
By the way, does your Help menu work in Lazer Swarm?
TJSprague
riley
Site Admin

Post by riley »

I thought I had fixed it so that it's not possible for this to happen. Apparently I missed something though. I'll add this to my list.

TJSprague's first method will work to fix the problem. The second method won't work though since the score board is part of the same program, it won't be listed separately in Task Manager.