getting started

Get help with problems with Lazer Swarm devices or software.
kdjbbaines

getting started

Post by kdjbbaines »

Hello , Mr Riley

I hope I do not drive you crazy. I possibly may be the most non- tech person you will ever meet. I downloaded what was suggested from the lazerswarm website. I can access the game play screen. I can shoot the command center module and it lights up green but nothing registers. I own the nerf phoenix ltx guns. I am using a hp laptop that uses wimdows 7.

Whenever you have a chance could you help with this process.

Thanks
riley
Site Admin

Re: getting started

Post by riley »

Here's a getting started sheet:

http://www.lazerswarm.com/wp-content/up ... tarted.pdf

I started sending that out with new units but yours shipped before I finished writing it. It will show you how to configure the software along with some other useful information.

Once you get the software configured, here is how you join Phoenix LTX taggers to a game. It looks like a lot of steps but after doing it a couple times it will seem easy.
  • Turn all the taggers off.
  • Choose the game type and set the rules for your game and click "Start Hosting".
  • Your Command Center should flash green in unison with the sound from your computer. If not, try a different serial port.
  • Turn the first tagger on. For a team game, set it to your preferred team or solo to let the host choose the team. For a solo game, it doesn't matter.
  • The tagger will say the preferred team you selected and start scanning. Do not press the trigger yet.
  • Aim the tagger at the Command Center dome.
  • Wait for the tagger to receive the signal from the Command Center.
  • For a team game, the tagger will say your assigned team. Press the trigger to accept this team. Skip this step for solo games.
  • The tagger will make a "cha-chung" noise to indicate that it has successfully joined the game.
  • Keep the tagger near the Command Center.
  • Turn the next tagger on and join it using the same process and so on until all taggers are joined.
  • Click "Start Countdown".
  • Tell the players not to leave the area until their tagger starts beeping along with the countdown.
  • Once their tagger is beeping the countdown, they can leave. Once the countdown is over, the game starts.
  • Tell players not to turn off their taggers during or after the game.
  • Once the game is over, aim all of the taggers at the Command Center.
  • Wait for all the scores to be received from the taggers.
  • Once the scores are received the score board will be shown.
  • Players may now turn off their taggers.
kdjbbaines

Post by kdjbbaines »

Thanks I will preform these steps and see what happens
kdjbbaines

Post by kdjbbaines »

Thanks for your help, I believe I know enough to get started. This is a COOL PRODUCT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
riley
Site Admin

Post by riley »

kdjbbaines wrote:This is a COOL PRODUCT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. I'm glad you like it. Have fun!