Teams

Talk about experiences, strategies, and ideas for playing Lazer Tag Team Ops laser tag.
Joep

Teams

Post by Joep »

When playing in teams, we use bandana's to identify teams. Guns have 2 different colours, but you can play in 3 teams. We use blue, green and red bandana's. I can imagine other people also use colours to identify teams?

It would be nice to be able to assign a colour to a team in the software too. In the scoreboard, these colours could be used too. (a player can be shown in the team's colour)

I think it would also be great when playing own the zone, to see the zone light up in the colour of the team that is currently scoring points in the zone. This would also help people in the zone to see they are actually in line of sight of the zone.

When starting a game, would it be possible to create teams and add players to these teams first without anyone joiing the game, then click "start joining" and have the command center ask you to join? So that it would say "Bart, please join now", and Bart would just turn on his gun on "solo" and be joined as the correct player? If this would be possible, I have a suggestion in combination with the saved player profiles as well: You just add the players for the next game to a player pool, and have the software create teams based on the player statistics, then have them join in the way described above.

As for now, I think some simple improvements can be made for assigning names to joined players, using a player list:
  • when you right click a player name to assign it to a player, you could only show the players that don't have a name assigned yet.
  • The list of available players should be sorted on team, player. Now this is sorted on who joined first
  • You could also first show teams, then in a deeper level only the players of that team
riley
Site Admin

Re: Teams

Post by riley »

• I have plans for team colors
  • The zone doesn't know who's in it. It's the guns that know that they're in the zone. Two teams can actually be getting zone time in the same zone at once. It's just a matter of them not shooting each other while they're there.
  • I do want to streamline the joining process. That is one way. I'm also working on barcode support so you can have barcoded name tags for the players to wear. Then you can just scan the player while they're joining. You will also be able to barcode the guns so you can join all the guns to the game first and then hand them out to players, as you do so, you scan the gun and the player so the software knows which player got which gun.
  • Assigning teams based on players previous performance is a great idea.
  • I'm not sure I understand what you mean in your last paragraph about assigning names using a player list.
Joep

Post by Joep »

The last paragraph is about how the software currently works. You can create a player name list on the left, and assign these names to players (guns) that have joined the game you are setting up. These 3 suggestions are all about when you right click a player name on the left. Now all the joined players (guns) are shown, ordered by who joined first. Eg:
team 1 player 1
team 1 player 2
team 2 player 1
team 1 player 3
team 2 player 2
team 2 player 3

I think it would be easier:
  • to have these ordered by team first, then by player number:
    team 1 player 1
    team 1 player 2
    team 1 player 3
    team 2 player 1
    team 2 player 2
    team 2 player 3
  • To show only the players that don't have a name assigned to them yet, so after 3 player names have been assigned it could look like this:
    team 1 player 1
    team 1 player 2
    team 2 player 3
  • To show only the teams first, then in a next level, show the players:
    team 1
    team 2
    after selecting team 1:
    player 1
    player 2
    player 3
riley
Site Admin

Post by riley »

Thanks for the clarification. I understand now. Good suggestions.
Dannymcgough

Post by Dannymcgough »

riley wrote:
  • I have plans for team colors
  • The zone doesn't know who's in it. It's the guns that know that they're in the zone. Two teams can actually be getting zone time in the same zone at once. It's just a matter of them not shooting each other while they're there.
  • I do want to streamline the joining process. That is one way. I'm also working on barcode support so you can have barcoded name tags for the players to wear. Then you can just scan the player while they're joining. You will also be able to barcode the guns so you can join all the guns to the game first and then hand them out to players, as you do so, you scan the gun and the player so the software knows which player got which gun.
  • Assigning teams based on players previous performance is a great idea.
  • I'm not sure I understand what you mean in your last paragraph about assigning names using a player list.

Hi,

I was just wondering with how you got on with streamlining the joining process?
riley
Site Admin

Post by riley »

Dannymcgough wrote:I was just wondering with how you got on with streamlining the joining process?
Not very far yet, I'm not sure the barcode thing is the way to go. I have some ideas though.