LTX game types and instructions

Talk about experiences, strategies, and ideas for playing Lazer Tag Team Ops laser tag.
byerman

LTX game types and instructions

Post by byerman »

I recently started using the command center with my LTX taggers. I can play the regular lazer tag with teams and solo but I can not access respawn. When the tagger is near the command center, it does not respawn. Any ideas? Are there more detailed instructions how to play the preset games with the LTX taggers?
Thanks
riley
Site Admin

Re: LTX game types and instructions

Post by riley »

Greg Gaub has information about all the game types on his site.

Respawning only works if the player is neutralized. In the standard Respawn game modes, players are neutralized when they have taken 10 tags. When an LTX is neutralized, it plays a descending tone once and then the lights repeat a scanning pattern (like Knight Rider). Once the player returns to a respawn zone, they will be un-neutralized and can continue playing.

If a player is completely tagged out, as in having taken as many tags as configured for the "Tags" value in the game rules, they cannot be respawned. When an LTX is tagged out, it will say "you're out" and the dome light will stay on.
byerman

Post by byerman »

Thanks, using the LTX's, I was not as familiar with respawn. I was placing the total hits to be put out at less than 10. Is it possible to have less than 10 hits on a respawn game? It could make for a fun way to play capture the flag. . .
riley
Site Admin

Post by riley »

The only other option the protocol has for neutralizing players is to neutralize them for 15 seconds whenever they are tagged. So if you are tagged, you either wait 15 seconds, or go to a respawn zone.